Friday, December 4, 2009
Prepping the doors
O.K. I screwed up. I stacked all of the freshly painted doors on top of each other, before the paint had fully dried. My Bad! Fact is I should have sent them to the wood recycling place, bought new doors, had them sprayed and re-hung. But with 44 doors in the house, at $100 each that's a fair bit of change. All they really needed was a good sanding, some filler and then re-paint. Time and effort. No biggie. But 5 months later they're being used like regular doors with a really poor paint job. Dearest decides it time to start fixing them. But not in stages, not one bite at a time, she's going to do them all in one go. Yeah right. So she says, I'll clean up all the sanding mess when I'm finished. and 5 days later I'm still stepping over the piles of scraped off paint and filler. She hasn't touched a brush or sanding block in days. But it's my fault is hasn't been cleaned up and I shouldn't complain if I'm just going to step over the mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment